Thursday, October 13, 2011
Grilled Ginger Salmon with Sweet and Hot Chili Oil
* Vegetable Oil (we use olive, coconut or macadamia nut oil)
* 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh Ginger, peeled and minced
* 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
* 1/4 cup San-J® Sweet and Hot Chili Sauce
* 4 5-oz. skinless Salmon fillet pieces, about 1 inch thick
* Salt and fresh Ground Pepper
* Chives, snipped (optional)
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Heat oil; add ginger and garlic and saute over medium-high heat about 1 minute or until fragrant.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in Sweet and Hot Chili Sauce until blended. Reserve 1/4 cup of sauce to serve with cooked salmon.
4. Brush the salmon fillets on both sides with remaining sweet and hot chili oil.
5. Place on greased grill.
6. Cook 4 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat, covered.
7. Whisk together remaining sweet and hot chili oil and spoon over each serving.
8. Season with salt and pepper. If desired, garnish with snipped chives.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 204, Total Fat 19g, Cholesterol 15mg, Total Carbohydrates 3g, Fiber 4g, Protein 6g.
This recipe brought to you by Mambo Sprouts
Posted at 1:50 PM