Prep & Cook Time Total: 6 minutes Serves: 1
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup Coach’s Oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons 100% pure pumpkin( I did NOT use pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 3 pecans, toasted (optional)
- In a small saucepan bring the milk and water to a boil.
- Add the oats and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook oats for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for 1 minute.
- Stir in the brown sugar, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into a bowl and top with half and half and pecans.
You could use pumpkin pie filling if that is all you have, you would just have to decrease the pumpkin pie spice.
This recipe brought to you by The Hungry Housewife